Please read these terms and conditions before booking your piano lessons.
You will be asked to agree to these at registration.
- Piano lessons are £35 per 40 minute session. Please see our rates page for other options.
- I teach predominantly adults, although under 18s are welcome if they show exceptional promise and motivation. We ask for all under 18s to be accompanied to the lesson by a parent or guardian.
- Lessons are arranged in groups of four (approximately monthly). I ask for tuition fees in advance, in blocks of 4, payable no later than two working days (48 working hours) before the scheduled lesson. Please note that no lessons will be scheduled until funds are fully cleared. I ask for your next monthly payment after lesson three, so that I always have a week's fees in lieu to cover last-minute cancellations. We ask that all payments be made by bank transfer, although in exceptional circumstances we'll accept cheques or cash by prior arrangement.
- We'll discuss a good time for your lesson at our initial meeting, after which the lesson will take place regularly at the same time on the same day. It is your responsibility to remember the time of your lesson.
- Please note that the cancellation fee is 100% of the agreed rate. A minimum of forty eight (48) WORKING hours advance notice is required from piano students to avoid cancellation fees. For clarity, 'cancellation' means ANY scenario in which you don't turn up at the pre-arranged time. 'Postponement', 'Deferment', 'I forgot', or any other description of not keeping your appointment will be treated as a last-minute cancellation, unless the 48 hour requirement is adhered to.
- In the event of consecutive last-minute cancellations, the second (2nd) will be charged at the full rate, irrespective of the 48 hour clause. After three consecutive cancellations, your place on the teaching schedule will be re-evaluated.
- Six (6) holidays per year are allowed (ie advance notice of a cancellation) after which all subsequent cancellations will be charged at full rate.
- I ask for one month advance notice of termination. For terminations given at the last minute, all lessons left over within the one month period are payable in full.
- As I'm a working and touring musician, it may be necessary occasionally for me to cancel a lesson. If I have to cancel, I'll try my best to reschedule it with you. If I'm unable to do this for any reason, I'll credit you with the lesson.
- Please keep mobile phones, pagers etc turned off at all times during the lesson.
- Study materials are essential for the lesson to proceed, so please remember to bring them. Please note that persistently forgetting to bring study materials to lessons may also result in my cancelling the lesson with no refund.
- All lessons will be calculated from the starting time of your appointment, not from the time you arrive. For obvious reasons, I'm unable to run over into other student's lessons, so please be prompt if you want to benefit fully from your allotted time.
- Please note that animals are not allowed in the studio for any reason.
- Students must have access to an acoustic or digital piano (with weighted keys) for the purposes of practicing. It is the student's responsibility to follow the practice schedule I set and to perform all practice and theory work allocated in the lessons.
- I reserve the right to stop the lesson if I believe the student is not well enough to play.
- I will use the best of my abilities to help you achieve the goals we set out together for your musical development.
- You will be treated with respect at all times. We don't do scolding here at West London Piano Teacher!
- While always taking into account your tastes in music and your preferences regarding piano repertoire, I may sometimes set pieces and/or exercises that you don't agree with for the sake of your progress as a piano player/musician.